Things To Do This Halloween In the Portland Vancouver Area
This year, 2021 is bringing back all the scares with a wide variety of events throughout the Portland metro area. Whether you’re looking to do something as a family, friends or as a date you will be sure to find something that settles your ghostly hunger. Here are just a few that we recommend this Halloween season.
1. Scaregrounds PDX– Portland Oregon’s ONLY Scream Park returns this fall to one of the oldest amusement parks in the country, the historic Oaks Amusement Park. The Event features three horrifying haunted walkthrough attractions, House of Horrors Scarezone, Graveyard Pumpkin Patch, Last ‘Scream’ Photo Op, as well as Oaks Park Thrill Rides, Games, Concessions. Alcoholic beverages are available for adults 21+. Starting October 8th-31st during operating hours. Tickets are available online at scaregroundspdx.com.
2. Haunted Corn Maze– Get lost in acres of corn, in the dark, on Friday and Saturday nights in October! Terrifying creatures stalk you as you make your way through our Haunted Corn Maze! This year our Sauvie Island Haunted Corn Maze will be inspired by Halloween, the movie! Be prepared to be haunted by Michael Myers throughout the maze. There will be dark ghouls and goblins, chased by zombies, as you make your way through our very own Upside Down while avoiding Demogorgon. If you make it to the butcher shop… don’t get stuck in the fridge! Visit bellaorganic.com for more details.
3. Kids Monster Fest– Kids Monster Fest is a special matinee experience for kids 12 and under or scaredy cats of all ages!Guests will enter Underhill Manor, upon entering our they will receive a magic device that will frighten ghouls and monsters away. Guests will try and find Harry, our very cute resident bat – if you do prizes await! Join Kids Monster Fest for a fun, scary-but-not-too-scary time! October 23-24th at the Veterans Memorial Coliseum from 1-4p.m.
Visit underhillpdx.com for ticket information.
4. Season Of Screams– Underhillpdx.com has three different attractions that are sure to scare even the most experienced in the world of horror. General admission is 25$/person located at the Veterans Memorial Coliseum October 2nd-31st from 7-10p.m. Tickets can be purchased online at underhillpdx.com.
5. Howloween– Howloween at the Oregon Zoo is a great attraction for kids ages 2-12 but is open to all ages. From 9a.m.-3p.m. on October 23,24,30 and 31st the zoo provides a fun and safe setting for this Halloween tradition, where costumed trick-or-treaters learn about healthy habitats for wildlife in a fun scavenger hunt throughout the zoo. Tickets must be purchased in advance and are available October 14th. Go to oregonzoo.org for more info.
Be sure to visit the websites of each event to find out more information on entry requirements, ticket information and helpful tips when attending the attractions and as always have a ghoulishly scared time!