Many homes in the Pacific Northwest have a crawlspace, a room under the house that provides access to home utilities. Unfortunately, the damp, dark, and uninhabited nature of crawlspaces make them a haven for pests – and one where they can spread without homeowners’ knowledge. Pest infestations and maintenance issues in this space can lead to a variety of health and structural problems. But with PestLock’s crawlspace restoration services at your side, you don’t have to worry about the potential issues hiding under your home.
The Need for a Healthy Crawlspace
Located under your home, crawlspaces contain a variety of pipes, ducts, and wiring. As you know, its purpose is to help with circulation of water, air, and electricity, while also providing easy access for repair. Nearly 40 percent of the air we breathe in our homes comes from this room. Your crawlspace may be small, but it has a big impact on you and your family’s daily life.
A crawlspace infestation should be concerning. If any disease-ridden pest invades, leaving droppings and saliva, you and your family are at risk of breathing in contaminated air. Chewers like rats and wood-destroyers like termites are a danger to the integrity of your structure, as well as the many components housed in your crawlspace, and can threaten the health of your family. Keeping this space in good condition is paramount to healthy – and comfortable – home living.
Why Your Crawlspace Is at Risk
The crawlspace is a breeding ground for infestations of pests, mold, and unwanted odors. Pests flock to this area because of its dark, tight, and warm conditions, and their small size allows them to slip through cracks and openings. Because of quick pest reproduction rates, once they’re in, they can be hard to exterminate. The Pacific Northwest humidity can get trapped in these dark, warm rooms and cause unsanitary conditions. Whether you smell these effects or not, your home’s air quality could be compromised.
Our Methods of Restoration
If your crawlspace is currently overrun with pests, or you’re afraid it might turn it into a hotspot for infestations, get professional help from PestLock. With our specific restoration strategy, we’re prepared to ward off the most dangerous and detrimental insects and rodents around. To make your crawlspace as healthy as possible, we’ll do the following:
- Perform a free inspection: Before doing any crawlspace treatment, we’ll do an inspection free of charge. We’ll inform you of any potentially hazardous conditions – with photos to help.
- Clean the crawlspace: After preparing the area for cleaning, we’ll sanitize it bit by bit, removing any hazardous material like pest feces, urine, and other pest-related contaminants.
- Seal entry points: We’ll keep pests from entering by sealing all of the vulnerable areas – cracks, crevices, holes, etc. – that they use to get in.
- Replace vapor barrier and subfloor insulation: Vapor barriers and subfloor insulation are key to keeping your foundation dry and your home warm. If pests have contaminated these components, we’ll replace them.
- Clean and seal air ducts: Ducts and pipes are perfect places for pests to stay warm and secluded. We’ll clean yours out, then seal them to keep any pests from returning.
Top Crawlspace Restoration Services from PestLock
Your crawlspace is dark and cramped – and while not ideal for people, it’s more than perfect for pests. The presence of pests in this space, with their potential for disease and destruction, isn’t good for us, either. When they’re a concern for you and your family, PestLock has you covered. With our proven restoration services, we’ll work closely with you to meet your family’s specific needs.
Give us a call at (877) 380-2839, and get a free quote for your crawlspace restoration treatment.